ISSN : 2455-1384
Aroor Ravi Memorial Ayurvedic Research Centre – ARMARC – is prehaps the only research centre of its kind in the private sector that is attached to an Ayurvedic College. The vision of ARMARC is to grow into a Centre of Excellence in Research that nourishes the fields of Education and Practice in Ayurveda. By locating itself within the campus of any Ayurvedic College and Hospital, it seeks to establish the link between Ayurvedic Research, Education and Practice. The research activities undertaken by ARMARC must essentially be looked upon as an experiment that seeks to harmonize the three key areas of Research, Education and Practice in the field of Ayurveda.
The logic behind the Ayurveda experiment is very simple. The unhappy situation that we see in the field of Ayurvedic practice today stems from grave problems in Ayurvedic education, leading to improper understanding of Ayurveda. A proper understanding of Ayurveda can be achieved through systematic research.
The Newsletter of ARMARC is published every month and the following themes are featured in the newsletter:
- Lesser known passages from Ayurvedic texts.
- Less known treaties on Interpretation of Ayurveda.
- Fresh attempts to interpret the meaning of Ayurvedic texts.
- Debating concepts found in Ayurvedic texts.
- Attempt to solve controversial view points in interpretation of Ayurvedic texts.
- Book reviews: Reviewing ancient and contemporary works on Ayurveda.
- Medicinal Plants: Introducing lesser known medicinal plants with discussions on their identity.
- Formulation: Discussions on rare formulations in Ayurvedic texts.
- Case Studies: Reporting first hand clinical success stories.
- Other publications of ARMARC:
a. Know these plants. Series – 1
b. Chamatkar Nighanru.
Membership fees, which includes an annual subscription to the newsletter, may be sent by MO, DD or Crossed Cheque addressed to ARMARC, ALN Rao Memorial Ayurvedic Medical College, Koppa, Chikmagalur Dt., Karnataka -577126. On receipt of the fees, each member will be issued a receipt and a membership card, both of which should be preserved carefully. The receipt number and the membership number should be referred to in all transactions. The membership is to be renewed each year and the new receipt number noted on the membership card by each member. On producing the card, special discount can be availed on ARMARC publications.
India : Students Rs. 50/-, Individuals Rs. 100/-, Institutions Rs.150/-, Patron Rs.1000/-
Overseas : USD 10