Library and information center
Library is a growing organism to enhance the mental health of readers
Sri Aroor Laxmi Narayan Rao Memorial Ayurvedic Medical College is one of the prestigious educational institutions in Malnad region, which was established in the year 1987 by Renowned industrialist and social reformer Sri Aroor Ramesh Rao under the auspicious act of Aroor Educational Trust (Regd.), Koppa with the object of imparting quality Ayurvedic education and providinga healath services to the rural people in and around the Malnad Belt. The trust has earned its popularity for its active curricular activities all over Karnataka. The college is affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore, Karnataka and recognized by CCIM, New Delhi. Amongst the various assets of this college, Library is an important one.
The college library came in existence in the year 1987-88 with a collection of 116 books. Over the years, the number of books kept steadily growing with present status of 9,604 books in various subjects of Ayurveda and other allied subjectsa. Looking to the need of present technical world and availabilities of materials online, a digital library was set and opened for the students from 2008-09 onwards.
Functions of library
- The main function of a library is dispensing knowledge to the ignorant and the informed alike by providing the reference of books. “Vidya-dan” i.e., imparting of knowledge has been considered as the most sacred task in ancient India.
- The library is the collection and preservation of knowledge for its dissemination to all.
- To provide pinpointed and update information to the users for their Learning, Teaching and Research activities.
- Encourage the reading habit among the newly users by providing reference materials etc.
- To bring the books, students, teachers and scholars together, for better use of library resources.
- To promote the users by providing the following services:
- Bibliographical services
- Current awareness
- Internet and Xerox facilities
- To provide Micro card services
Books & Resources:
|1||Basic Principles – Sanskrit, Samhitha, Itihasa|
|5||Rasa Shastra & Bhaishajya Kalpana|
|6||Roga Avam Vikruthi Vignana|
|7||Swasthavritta, Yoga & Nature Cure|
|9||Prasooti & Stree Roga|
|14||Dravyaguna, Bhaishajya Kalpana & Kayachikitsa|