The College trains eligible candidates to qualify for the BAMS and MD (Ay.) Degree Courses.
BAMS – Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery
- Duration : 5 1/2 years
- No. Of Seats : 60
- Medium of instruction : English
- Eligibility : A pass in HSC/equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Botany and Zoology with a minimum percentage of marks as prescribed by the Govt of Karnataka.
- Age limit : Should have completed 17 yrs. at the time of admission.
- Admission procedure : Admission will be on the basis of marks obtained in written test to be conducted by the college.
Post Graduation Courses
The institution conducts Post Graduation courses in 3 specializations:
- DRAVYAGUNA (Pharmacognosy) – 6 Seats
- BHAISHAJYA KALPANA (Pharmacy) – 5 Seats
- KAYA CHIKTISA (General Medicine) – 5 Seats
Application forms for admission to the college may be obtained directly on payment of Rs……………. at Aroor Laxminarayana Rao Memorial Ayurvedic Medical College, Koppa or by sending a DD for Rs……………………… favouring Aroor Laxminarayana Rao Memorial Ayurvedic Medical College to the following address:
Ayurvedacharya B A M S (Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery) is the only recognised degree in Ayurveda all over India since June, 1977. The course is conducted as per the rules and regulations of the CCIM, New Delhi.
The duration of the course is as follows:
- Total Course Duration : 5 & 1/2 years
- First year BAMS : 12 months
- Second year BAMS : 12 months
- Third year BAMS : 12 months
- Fourth year BAMS : 18 months
- Internship : 12 months
Each Professional period consists of 2 terms except Fourth year 3 terms and each term is of six months duration. BAMS Degree holders are eligible for registration as medical practitioners at Central or State Ayurvedic Boards. Their status is at par with any other medical graduate in India. They are eligible for appointment in Central or State Govt. Ayurvedic Medical Services.
Admission criteria for BAMS (Ay. ) Course
Candidates seeking admission to the first year of the BAMS course should have attained the age of 17 years on the date of notification (admission) and should satisfy the following criteria:
- They should have passed second year of Pre-University Examination of Karnatka Board or any other equivalent examination recognized by the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences with Physics, Chemistry, Biology as optional subjects. The candidates should have obtained at least 50% marks in aggregate in the PCB optionals of the second year of PUC examination.
- B.Sc. Degree (C B Z combination) with minimum of 50% average in optional subjects.
- Scheduled Caste and Tribe candidates will be given a relaxation of 5% for marks in optionals.
- All admissions made by the college to the first year of the B A M S course are provisional , subject to the approval of Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences and the institution is not responsible for any loss on this account. Out of state sudents should obtain eligibility certificate from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences which should be produced at the college office before the last date of admission fixed by the University.
Ayurveda Vachaspati ~ MD (Ay.) [Doctor of Medicine in Ayurveda] is offered with specialty in DRAVYAGUNA, RASA SHASTRA & BHAISHAJYA KALPANA and KAYA CHIKITSA. The MD Course extends over a period of three academic years after the commencement of the academic term. Candidates are given intensive training in classical knowledge along with comparative and critical study of the subject. Special training is given in methods and techniques of research work. Participation in teaching programmes of under graduate sudents, group discussions, seminars and clinical meetings is compulsory.
The course consists of two parts.
Part One – Preliminary; comprising of one academic year after admission.
Part two – Final; comprising of two academic years after preliminary course during which each students has to prepare dissertation on a subject approved by the Guide and Head of the Department.
Admission criteria for MD (Ay.) Course
Candidates who possess the Degree of BSAM or BAMS of 5 1/2 years duration of any University in Karnataka State or any other degree considered as equivalent thereto, awarded by any other University in India established by law and recognized by CCIM, New Delhi can apply for the MD (Ay.) Course
Procedure for Admission
- Application in the prescribed form and complete in all respects should be submitted to the Principal, ALN Rao Memorial Ayurvedic Medical College within the last date specified for the same. This application should be accompanied by true copies of the concerned mark cards and other certificates. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
- The registration fees of Rs. 50/- has to be paid along with the application form in cash or by DD in favour of Principal, payable at Koppa.
- The registration fee paid will not be refunded. The filing of the application with registration fee is not a guarantee of admission which is decided on merit and performance in the interview.
- Selected candidates will be called for an interview by the Principal before the selection committee. Intimation to this effect will be sent by ordinary post. The guardian/parent has to accompany the candidate for the interview at their own cost.
- An applicant invited for interview should bring with him ORIGINALS of the following documents without fail.
For BAMS Degree Course
- a. SSLC Marks Card
b. Pre University Marks Card (I & II Year)
- Character and Conduct certificate from Institution last studied.
For MD Degree Course
- BAMS Degree Certificate
- Complete BAMS Marks Cards
- Internship Completion Certificate
- Date of Birth Certificate
- Character and Conduct Certificate
For both BAMS and MD Degree Courses
- Scheduled Caste/Tribe Certificates
- Backward Community – Caste/ Tribe Certificates
- Low Income Group (A correct income certificate in all these cases should also be attached)
- Any other certificates or records as informed by the Principal
- Four passport size photographs
- a. SSLC Marks Card
- After the interview is over for all the candidates, an intimation card will be sent by post to the candidates selected and the list of selected candidates will be notified on the college notice board. The selected candidates shall pay the required fees on or before the stipulated date, failing which the seats will be allotted to next deserving candidate.
- Migration Certificate, Transfer Certificate and such other documents should be obtained and produced by the applicant on or before the date stipulated for the same. The college does not hold itself responsible for any lapse or delay in this matter.
- Fees once paid will not be refunded or adjusted to any other accounts under any circumstances.
- Every student admitted is bound by the prevailing rules and regulations of the college, hospital and hostel and thouse that are framed from time to time.
- Any other information, if required, will be made available on request.