BAMS Degree Course
Ayurvedacharya B A M S (Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery) is the only recognised degree in Ayurveda all over India since June, 1977. The course is conducted as per the rules and regulations of the CCIM, New Delhi.
The duration of the course is as follows:
- Total Course Duration : 5 & 1/2 years
- First year BAMS : 12 months
- Second year BAMS : 12 months
- Third year BAMS : 12 months
- Fourth year BAMS : 18 months
- Internship : 12 months
Each Professional period consists of 2 terms except Fourth year 3 terms and each term is of six months duration. BAMS Degree holders are eligible for registration as medical practitioners at Central or State Ayurvedic Boards. Their status is at par with any other medical graduate in India. They are eligible for appointment in Central or State Govt. Ayurvedic Medical Services.
Admission criteria for BAMS (Ay. ) Course
Candidates seeking admission to the first year of the BAMS course should have attained the age of 17 years on the date of notification (admission) and should satisfy the following criteria:
- They should have passed second year of Pre-University Examination of Karnatka Board or any other equivalent examination recognized by the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences with Physics, Chemistry, Biology as optional subjects. The candidates should have obtained at least 50% marks in aggregate in the PCB optionals of the second year of PUC examination.
- B.Sc. Degree (C B Z combination) with minimum of 50% average in optional subjects.
- Scheduled Caste and Tribe candidates will be given a relaxation of 5% for marks in optionals.
- All admissions made by the college to the first year of the B A M S course are provisional , subject to the approval of Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences and the institution is not responsible for any loss on this account. Out of state sudents should obtain eligibility certificate from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences which should be produced at the college office before the last date of admission fixed by the University.